Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Is Jio Really Free from Any Chinese Components?

I would like to point out regarding Jio's stand on not using Chinese components. In February RIL chairman Mukesh Ambani told to US Prez D. Trump that Jio is the only operator in the world, which do not use a single Chinese component. Trump is found to be happy, and American companies invested in Jio heavily. 

What I want to say, Jio's core technology providers are not Chinese, but end-user devices like JioFi devices are coming from China. Jio is also probably using the SIM cards imported from China. 

Jio rolled out LTE with equipments solely from Samsung, which is a South Korean company. Inside their WiFi services, there is Rukus Wireless, Cisco and Mojos Network. 

I have one JioFi device - that's JioFi2 basically. And it's made in China, by some Guangdong Teamgiant New Engergy Tech Co. Ltd. (detected as Qing Dao Haier Telecom Co. Ltd). And during my search into available WiFi networks around me, I find the JioFi devices from the following companies - Hon Hai Precision Ind. Co. Ltd. (well that's Taiwan's Foxconn), Shanghai Tricheer Technology Co. Ltd. and AM Telecom co. Ltd.

No comments: