Pages

Friday, March 30, 2018

Vivaldi Address Bar Auto Complete Issue: How to Solve

Vivaldi is my new lovable web browser. But it's a quite new and hence some issues are there, while it's being very customized you can tackle the situation easily. 

For the uninitiated readers, Vivaldi Browser was planned by ex-Opera employee and is intended to fill the gap between Opera v12 and Opera v15+. It runs on Blink/Chromium engine - which also runs Chrome and Opera latest. 

Opera is still doing good, and now it is owned by a Chinese consortium, and updates regularly. But I am more inclined to Vivaldi these days.

Issue: Vivaldi showing suggestions, and it's completing .com or remaining part, so for eg, as you see in the picture, I typed flipkart and Vivaldi adds .com  and when I push Enter button on keyboard it goes into flipkart.com, but I wanted to search flipkart on Google. The issue is with Auto Complete.




My old Opera v12 is custom-made, and see how it looks on it. 


I kept it to compare with latest browsers.


Now the solution is pretty easy. 

Go to Vivaldi settings then, you can see Address Bar on left pane, choose it and you can see this: 

Just uncheck Address Auto Complete Enabled

No comments: