Pages

Friday, May 21, 2021

Browser Issues: List of Solutions

What I find that my browsers are well customized to cater my needs and help me to do my work in a organized way. 


I am here sharing my top tricks/customerization with different browsers. 

And one thing, I do not use Chrome on desktop. 

Firefox

  • Firefox does support 'session restore'

Tools (≣)  → General  → Startup  → Check ⊡ Restore previous session 

  • There is another irritating thing happens to me while browsing on Firefox. I have one tab opened, and as I close it, the Firefox gets shut down instead of 'closing the tab & open a new tab'. Simple solution is to click on Home button instead of closing the tab. 

But the best solution is to go to about:config page to prevent closing the last tab from closing Firefox.

browser.tabs.closeWindowWithLastTab = false 


Opera 

Bring back ''Tab Menu' from 'Search Tabs'

https://drrdb.blogspot.com/2020/03/bring-back-tab-menu-on-opera.html

This solution is no more working with further update. 


Recently Closed Tab - shortcut is Ctrl+Shft + T

These days 'Search Tabs' has been revised, you can directly see the list of closed Tabs by clicking on it. 


A primer to install Opera Portable and get best of it: 

Old post, but still relevant to me..


opera://flags/#easy-files





No comments: