Pages

Saturday, July 07, 2018

Official Opera Portable - How to Get Best of it

From my last Win7 reinstallation, I learnt a lesson hard regarding backup of browser's settings. Opera v12 had no issues, and I had a portable version in other drive. So with standardalone installation of Opera was there, and I copied all files from  C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable but when I paste this on this folder after reinstall, I found no data restored - including settings, bookmarks, extensions, log in data etc. 

So I planned for a portable installation of Opera - thankfully Opera now offers official portable version at https://www.opera.com/computer/portable which work for Win7 + Windows versions. Opera_PortableSetup.exe (approx 2MB or less) is the file I downloaded. 





Run that .exe file and choose USB drive or any drive of your HDD except C drive. 



Check the Options while installing. 



Opera_Portable.exe is actually web-installer, hence whatever you have, you will get the latest Opera. The installation is straight forward. It will download and open up the Portable_Opera. 
In the continued page, you can see the different details how to set it up. 

Now jump into the Easy Setup from the Speed Dial. 


And set this things: 


Opera VPN is disabled by default, enable it from Settings → Privacy and Security

Download the extension - Install Chrome Extension from Opera add-ons store:  https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/install-chrome-extensions/  So that Chrome extensions can be installed from Chrome store. 



On 19th July, 2020, I just deleted Opera v 12 portable from my laptop. 
End of an ERA !!!! 

No comments: