Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Vodafone 3G vs 4G : Review at Kolkata


Last week I made my first MNP - ported my Tata Docomo prepaid GSM number to Vodafone prepaid. The reason behind porting was Tata Docomo has no 3G in Kolkata. The process was pretty fast - I generated porting code on 2nd August and submitted at Vodafone store that day. On 5th Tata Docomo SIM got switched off and Vodafone SIM is activated on the same day after televerification.

The Vodafone SIM card I received, is a 4G enabled SIM. So I planned for a 4G vs 3G speed test on Vodafone.

During the televerification I was told that using MyVodafone app will get me 100MB 3G/4G data. However I received the data on 13th and made some speedtests using SpeedTest.net app and Jio's NetVelocity app.


Location: Barrackpore, Kolkata. [indoor]
Time: approx 8pm, 13.08.2016


Speedtest.Net Results: 

on 3G: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/2132194836

on 4G: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/2132219404

So from the above screenshots, it's clear that Vodafone 4G has not much edge over the company's 3G network. 

No comments: