Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

JIO Money Failed on My First Transaction of 'Pay at Shop'

Whenever Reliance Industries backed JIO Digial services is launched (via invitation system), I became very skeptical about it inspite of the fact that I from the very begining was so assured that JIO will be a successful story in the history of Indian telecommunications and will pave a new horizon in the digial India. 

JIO has its own mobile money services, called JIO Money and it's active for a quite long time. As Jio is about to launch its services commercially across the country, different apps from Jio are being updated and added with new features. JIO Money has introduced 'Pay at Shop' option.



So I thought of tring the new cashless facilities on Jio Money at Reliance Fresh, the super marketplace chain from the house of RIL. 


The procedure to shop cashless at stores by paying via Jio Money is pretty easy. You can find the option to 'Pay at Shop' on the front page. Tap on it, and you will find the blank section to type down amount of money to be paid. On the next page you will receive a Barcode which will be valid for 2 minutes. In 2 minutes the store guy will scan the code and the payment will be done in seconds. 



You will receive a text from JIO Money. The text is to include amount of money spent, where you paid, the transaction ID and post-transaction amount balance at Jio Money.

The Reliance Fresh store (at Barrackpore, Kolkata) guy at payment counter scanned the code and the payment was initiated. In seconds I received the transaction confirmation text. However the person of the store could not able to confirm the payment is done or not and ultimately denied to leave me with the goods I bought. I did not have cash or card that time. 



I had to talk with the manager of the Reliance Fresh store and all in vain. He asked me to talk with Jio Money care and the CC person could not able to sort out the things. However she registered my complaint and shared a service request number - SR0561001056. She also assured me the refund will be done in next few hours. 



It's nearly 4 days, as I am sharing my experience with Jio Money but the refund is yet to be received on my Jio Money account. Hopefully tomorrow I might get the refund. 

My Take: Jio Money, the next gen mobile payment services from JIO failed me on day one. May be it's glitch and Jio, hopefully will iron out such bugs or issues which I faced, once it's been commercially launched. 

The story is actually by my youngest brother, Suvadeep as he had a painful experience with Jio Money on the very first occasion. The story was actually made for sharing on Telecomtalk.info, however it was rejected. 

No comments: