Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Tribute to Rahul 'The Wall' Dravid



Well I know that I am late! But it is said 'better late than never'. I must say my tribute to Rahul Dravid who was one of my childhood hero.

I knew it is coming any day, as that golden team of Sachin-Sourav-Rahul had been broken down a long time ago.

Almost 2 years ago, I favorited a tweet by Rajdeep Sardesai -  sachin maybe god, but in the hindu pantheon, there are many gods. so also in cricket. rahul is god-like too.

I got it over facebook posted by fakingnews: All those born in late 70's or in early '80s, if Rahul Dravid didn't make you feel old today, you are not a cricket fan.
It is so fucking true!!

Rahul Dravid reflects an india that is honourable, ethical. hardworking and thoughtful. (And, he was a genius). Thank you, Rahul. Thank you.
— Rahul Bose, actor and Indian rugby player 

End of an era, Rahul Sarad Dravid retired!


If you can read Bengali, read Goutam Bhattacharya's report on Anandabazar.
Link 1 - Link 2 - Link 3 - Link 4

1 comment:

Sandeep Gupta said...

Guys if you have not noticed it till now, you will have a chance in Bangladesh. Scene 1. Sachin gets out in nineties- His face will be like he is about to cry. Scene 2. Sachin gets out after scoring a century but india about to loose - His will go back smiling as if he has already achieved what he wanted. Now the team wins or looses its upto Dhoni to take care. Scene 3- Sachin is in eigties in a test match and the captain declares the inning to the sake of trying to win the match. Sachin will be upset like anything, he will throw his bat in the dressing room I dont care the team wins or looses, how dare you stop me from making my century