Pages

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

PotPlayer - Best Media Player at Recent Time

If you are still using KMPlayer, time to move on! 


It is PotPlayer time!!


KMP or Korean Multimedia Player was appeared in the market in 2002, developed by Kang Yong-Huee. 
In August 2007, KMP was sold to Pandora TV, a Korean video streaming company. The buy-out helped the developer continue his work to KMP, this also supports the forum and hosting etc cost.


I got to know about KMP in around 2008 and during this time KMP rocked! I recommended my friends to use it. KMP has a better interface and file handling than VLC, Media Player Classic or GOM player. 


Basically KMP did end my search for the best media player in   Windows. 


That time I had a portable player, MPlayer portable, but sad it is the portable version of MPlayer does not work on Win7. 


And I installed jetAudio from Cowon for audio playback. Cowon, which I recommend for mp3 player or portable multimedia player has the best audio player with plenty of features. jetAudio is too good.


However, I am not sure, but I guess after KMP v 2.9.3.14xx the original developer left KMPlayer. Or may be he left already but only minor updates on the original build was made by PandoraTV developers. These updates being minor was not hampering my need. 



But following the version 3.0.0.1441 I feel that there is something missing from KMP, it is not able to handle 720p or higher quality videos properly. So this was the time I am again to search for a new multimedia player.


To my surprise, I found that next winner is already there. It is Daum PotPlayer and it is also developed by the same guy behind KMP. PotPlayer handles the HD videos so smoothly.


Though I keep KMP in my computer still, after the latest release with a new logo I am totally disgusted. 


Download PotPlayer from here and feel the difference.



No comments: