Pages

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Why Some EVDO Users Having Pathetic Experience?

Being a telecom enthusiast I visit different forums and come across a fact that most tata photon+, reliance netconnect+, mts mblaze and bsnl evdo customers had a bad experience! Even when I bought MTS MBlaze and made a review on telecomtalk.info I found many comments such as it is pathetic and even some people told that it is a paid review! :O

Lucky that, I did not have any bad experience with EVDO services till date as I used MTS & Reliance.
.
Today I find that Qualcomm website underwent some makeover and during browsing over the pages I find this figure
over there.

The image explains why some people experience pathetic speeds. Earlier I had feeling that many people are not aware of the FUP and after the initial bursts on EVDO, their usage shifts to 1X - 153kbps.

But now this image says while a user goes to the boundary of an end-BTS, his speed goes to 400kbps or less, depending upon network congestion - in reality his speed may goes down to 200kbps or around which is near to 20-25kBps download speed.

In India EVDO based HSD services are very popular and serves more people than 3G does. Next time if you buy a EVDO based HSD services you must have a demo at the place where you will use it most of the time. 

1 comment:

Ravi shekhar said...

Right.Signal strength is vital for better wireless internet.
I use MTS EVDO pack through MMX 300C modem.When I use internet at a place near to BTS then I get around 2 mbps but at my home where signal is poor I get approx 500kbps.